cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Compaq and Callmanager HW specs have changed

brendanadams
Level 1
Level 1

I am building a ccm on a DL320, and have ended up with the wrong components as compaq have eol'd the recommended harddrives.

does anyone know if the new proposed drives by compaq will work. the new part no. is:

231377-B21 (this replaces 212697-B21)

thanks in advance

brendan

3 Replies 3

bcowley
Level 1
Level 1

To the best of my knowledge it should not matter

as long as it is the same type of drive (SCSI or IDE).

The Spirian setup looks at the BIOS information of the machine to verify it is one of the supported platforms and loads only the specific device drivers for that machine. So if it expects the machine to have a SCSI drive, you must use a SCSI drive. You should be okay as long as all of the controller cards are the same (IDE/SCSI/VIDEO,etc.).

hello.

since i have to build a ccm on a dl320 too, but with a san via fibre channel : i THIS possible ?

I would think not. The Spirian script loads only the specific drivers deemed necessary. These drivers were determined based on the the machine specifications provided by Cisco to Spirian. Since there is no fibre channel spec. (that I know of) those device drivers would not be loaded. The Spirian script also makes some "interesting" partitions on the hard disk during the Windows 2K install. Also CallManager will not install on a server that did not have the Windows 2000 Server loaded by the Spirian script. So you could not load the device drivers by doing a standard Windows 2000 Server install and then running the CallManager installation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: