cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Compaq Servers for CM3.1 & PICC Discontinues

ron-anderson
Level 1
Level 1

The Compaq servers Cisco requires for the Call Manager 3.1 and the IP Call Center (IPCC) have been discontinued.

Has anyboby seen an "approved" replacement? Here is what is discontinued ( the server part numbers only): http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/largeent/avvid/products/cmpq_srvrs.html

And help would be appreciated.

Ron Anderson

7 Replies 7

Hi Ron,

Last I heard, Compaq has discontinued the G1 server and has replaced with DL380-G2, so if you order a G1 server, you automatically will get a G2 server Part numebr 235438-001 which is listed in that page.

The Call Manager CD for this server installation will be available around Feb 15.

Thanks,

NM

Hello Nahid, What can you tell me about the DL320? I only passed on what I heard. I can get the server listed in the link above but is there a different CallManager CD for this as well or will what is out there now work? If a different one, when will it be available?

The new DL320 is listed on that page as well. The main difference is that the processor is 1133 Mhz and also has 1GB of memory.

For the new DL320, we have moved the amount of supported phones up to 1000 from 500 because of the memory upgrade. The limits for the DL380 remain the same though.

Hi Nahid,

I'm just trying to install call manager 3.1.2c on a new compaq DL-380 G2 and there is no way to do it. The software recognize the dl-380 like an mcs7825 and then the installation fail. So, can you confirm me that this new server will be supported in the next days? I have ordered last week the software and I hope that I will receive the right version...

However, this new "CD" will be in the same release 3.1.2c or there will be a new "patch"???

Sorry for length of the message but I am blocked with the job and on the CCO there are no info on this topic.

Bye,

Fabio chiesa

Hi,

How can I find the new installation CD's? Or is there an upgrade in the Software Center?

Thanks,

-tommi-

Hi Nahid,

As of the 11th of March, I can't find any available ISO or load available on CCO to be able to load a CCM on a DL320 G2. Do you know if they are available ?

Thanks

Jerome.

vimoreno
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

New generation of MCS Servers

· Media Convergence Server 7825-1133 (MCS-7825-1133)

· Media Convergence Server 7835-1266 (MCS-7835-1266)

These servers replaced the equivalent discontinued 7825 and 7835 (MCS-7825-800 and

MCS-7835-1000).

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: