Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compatability of IPtelephone with other vendor

1) Is cisco IP telephone compatable with Nortel networks IP phones, if not then tell me is there any device we can place between them so it works.

2)I have Nortel networks ip telephony setup, I want to place Cisco IP phone other site, would it work ?

3)I have 3745 router on every site,and 7206 Router in headoffice E1 links are stablished there for Data,which Module should is recommanded for voice in Routers.

1 REPLY

Re: compatability of IPtelephone with other vendor

Hi,

If I understand you correctly ,You wants to Use cisco ipphones (7960,7940 ) with an existing setup of nortel ip telephony.You need to know which protocol does your nortel system supports for ipphones as cisco ipphones can do sip,mgcp and skinny which is only for cisco callmanager ,Cisco ipphones work great using sip with other thrid party pbx like asterisk which supports sip.Cant understand your 2nd question,if phones work at one site ,they would work at remote sites as well if you can route between subnets .Regarding your third question ,the voice module you select for your router depends upon what kind of integreation ,you want with the Pstn ( Analog or digital)as there are differrent NM cards for these.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Aman

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content