Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Conference Bridge SCCP and MGCP

Hi

I have a gateway VG200 configured with MGCP (Connection to PSTN. I need to use this gateway for Conference Bridge, I use the documente CallManager and IOS Gateway DSP Farm Configuration Example.

But the callmanager not registration this conference bridge. Can a gateway work with MGCp and SCCP.

7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Conference Bridge SCCP and MGCP

Both should be able to work at the same time. can you please get the following info:

show ver

show run

conf t

no sccp

exit

debug sccp pack

conf t

sccp

Hi

I sending you the info

Thanks

Help me

Silver

The debugs show that the gateway is receiving the register ACK.

sccp_register: send register msg with id 1, device_name CFB000cceaae3c0

sccp_process_mtp_pdu: rcvd register ack

Could you do a "show sccp" on the gateway and check the status? If the status says DOWN, make sure that the device is added with the name CFB000cceaae3c0 in Callmanager.

Also make sure you have enough DSP's to support both E1 and Conference. You can use the "show voice dsp"

Regards,

Anup

Hall of Fame Super Silver

When you add the conference bridge in CCM, the name should match the name defined in "associate profile 1 register " not the MAC address.

Chris

Cisco Employee

It looks like your conf bridge did register just fine. So, the reason your calls fail is probably because of some other reason. First of all, let us try to find out what exact scenario fails. Your conf bridge will only help for a conf call. NOT a transcoder.

1. Do you intend to use this resource for a conf call?

2. If the conf calls are not working, can you check in detailed CCM traces if this conf resource is being invoked at all?

3. If not, see if there is a reson in the traces.

Cisco Employee

Also, Can you please check that the name of the device in the CCM config page of the conference resouce is CFB000cceaae3c0 ? Make sure it is a cisco IOS conf bridge.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content