cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference Call Bridge

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

Does Cisco have a product that I can use(Please someone say VG200!) to allow multiple people to dial into with say an 800 number or even local numbers for that matter and have them all conferenced in together?

3 Replies 3

lopezasp
Level 1
Level 1

You can use the cisco conference connection. All user who would like to join to the conference must know the conference ID.

If you want to use Cisco Conference connection you would schedule conferences before hand and provide the people attending with a dial-in 800 number and a pin for there meeting. Cisco Conference Connection is a separate piece of software and requires a separate server. You can also you meetme conferencing in Cisco CallManager. I does not have near as many features as CCC but you can allow people to dialin. There is no security with this option. Anyone that has the number can dail right in no pin required. The CCC does not use up CallManager conferencing resources as Meetme does.

Hope this helps,

-Mckee

Thanks for your help. One last question though. I saved a few bucks on a Call Mamager rollout by buying the approved Compaq server seperatly, buying and installing the software afterwards. Can I do the same with Cisco Conference Connection? and if so do you know what server?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: