cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference Call Question

matthew.scala
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to implement a "Crash-Net" involving a Cisco CallManager & Cisco IP Phones. Basically.. I wanted to know how I could set up a system where one operator (or controller) picks up an IP Phone.. pushes a button.. and that would inturn alert about 10-15 other IP phones of a call coming in. So far.. I've had to do it where the controller calls someone.. says "hold please".. then connects a third party.. and then "hold please".. and connects another party.. etc etc. This is the basic idea behind a "Crash-Net"... one controller picks up the phone.. and it'll ring the police, fire department, ground control, operations, security, etc.. (i.e. to be used for emergency purposes) Any & all help would be appreciated.. thanks for your time.

5 Replies 5

dammannj
Level 1
Level 1

PLAR with shared line appearances would work.

Can anyone elaborate on how to set this up, etc..? I've read the article.. but I don't fully understand how to implement it. Thanks for your time.

I have additional information on my setup.. We are currently running CallManager 3.0.. and we want to setup that "bat-phone/crash-net" type of capability with approx. 25-30 IP phones on our internal network. A co-worker of mine relayed some info to me saying that he spoke with someone at Cisco about this.. and that 3.0 does not support this feature. I wanted to get a few additional opinions on this. Any & all comments are appreciated. Thanks for your time.

I don't believe PLAR with shared line appearances will work in your case. When the PLAR is activated and one set on the far end answers then the ringing will stop on all the other shared line appearances. I think what you are looking for is the line to ring until all parties answer.

Berbee's InformaCast might do what your asking. Check out www.hotdispatch.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: