Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Conference Calls and G.729

Does CallManager (3.12c) support G.729 Conference Calls in software or is a hardware transcoder required?

If a transcoder is required, can I use an NM-HDV in a 3640 router as a transcoder similar to the VG200? I have a spare 3640 but no VG200s.

Thanks

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Conference Calls and G.729

As of right now there are no software conference bridges that support the g.729 codec. So a hardware transcoder would be required or a hardware conference bridge that supports the g.729 codec. The 2 I know of are 6608 port and dspfarm in the vg200. Currently the dspfarm code is only written for the vg200 platform.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Thank you.

I was going to implement a 3640 with 12.2.2-xn nmhdv-2e60, srst, and a dspfarm this is not possible then ?

Cisco Employee

I believe the DSP Farm on the 2600/3600 is about to go into beta at this time - so no, you cannot do it on the 2600/3600 right now. The VG200 w/ DSP farm is your most cost-effective means.

Views
Helpful
Replies