Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

conference issue

I am using cisco call manager 4.1.(3). My outgoing calls are routed through H.323 gateway using H.225 gateway protocol. This gateway is Cisco IOS router with NMHDV.

Whenever I try to establish conference between to outbound calls through H.323 gateway it gives me error on phone 'cannot complete conference'.

In the trace file I get the error as Incompatible region or capabilities. I understand this is transcoding related issue.

Can anyone suggest me how to resolve this issue or setup transcoder ?

Any useful docs are also welcome. i have already referred system and admin guide.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: conference issue

See if you have enough DSP resources. If you do, you can use those resources. If you do not have enough resources, you can use CCM itself as a conf resource/ transcoder..CCM can not handle too many calls though. CPU is an issue.

here is a web page that can help:

BTW, I think you need a conf bridge. I am not sure if you need a xcoder also.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080334294.shtml

Community Member

Re: conference issue

Hi,

The error "Incompatible region or capabilities" means a codec issue,Cisco callmanager can only do g711 conference with software conference bridge which is activated on install of cisco ip voice media streaming service,In case you want to do conference which supports multiple codecs ,you would need a hardware confernce bridge which can be an IOS based or non IOS based,or you would need to configure a transcoder which could transcode streams for this g711 conference on callmanager,Also in ur case you could try changing the codec on h.323 gw as By default thats set to g729 and callmanager software conference bridge can only do g711.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Aman

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content