Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conference resources with DSP

Hi,

If i want to have 12 simultenous conferences with 4 people on each conference, how amay DSPs do i need? I tried the DSP calculator but that is more concentrated on number of voice calls rather than for conferencing.

Would appreciate if anyone could shed some light on this.

5 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Conference resources with DSP

It will depend upon the codec (G729, G711 etc). Check out this table:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6441/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080541bf3.html#wp1068869

Conferencing and Transcoding Session Capacities

Each DSP is individually configurable to support either conferencing or transcoding and standard voice termination. The total number of conferencing, transcoding, and voice termination sessions is limited by the capacity of the entire system, which includes the DSPs, hardware platform, physical voice interface, and Cisco Unified CallManager.

Please rate helpful posts.

If the codec is G.711, does it mean i will need 2 x DSPs (since each DSP supports 8 conference sessions each)?

Thanks

Blue

Yes, you would need 2 DSPs. Don't forget to include any required voice termination needs as well.

What NM or router are you using?

Using a 2811 router with a VWIC-2MFT-E1.

Hunt

Blue

If both E1s will be used and heavily loaded you would need a PVDM2-64 for voice termination plus a PVDM2-32 for conferencing.

A single PVDM2-64 will suffice for all needs if you don't expect to terminate more than 30 calls.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content