Views
Helpful
Replies

conference station 7935 static ip address

mmizzi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we are trying to use a conference station 7935 with a static IP address; we have configured static IP , Alternate TFTP server and we have disabled DHCP, but it doesn't work. The 7935 is always requesting a DHCP server.

The 7935 sw is 3.1.s and the call manager release is 3.0.11.

Did we forget something? Is this a known problem?

Many Thanks

Chiara

6 Replies 6

Paul Giralt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have seen this happen once before. If you have a DHCP server available somewhere, give it an IP address via DHCP. You should then be able to assign a static address as you please.

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello -

From DHCP running on your CallManager Publisher, you can assign a reservation at the scope level, providing the MAC of the conference phone and the specific IP address you want always assigned. From administrative tools, select DHCP. Select the scope, then from the Action menu of the MMC, select Add Reservation.

Sincerely, Ginger

ptsukamoto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I also had the same problem with trying to use a static IP Address with the 7935 IP Conference Station. Cisco TAC said that the initial firmware load from the factory had a bug and that the phone will try and get an address using DHCP even though you had disabled DHCP in the setup menu. The only way around it was to use DHCP to set an IP Address, register the phone with the Call Manager, and the firmware should automatically get upgraded. You can then disable DHCP and manually set an IP Address.

Regards,

Peter Tsukamoto

The Aerospace Corporation

Hi,

many thanks to everyone.

I understand that there is no solution, I had first to register the phone to the Call Manager (using the DHCP), upgrade the firmware and then disable DHCP and manually set the IP address.

Perhaps in future with a new firmware load from the factory, we will have the chance to configure immediately the IP static.

Many thanks again

Mariachiara

PS: Peter, had the Cisco engineer from the Tac opened a BUG for the firmware?

The bug ID is CSCdv64235

thanks to everybody.

Mariachiara

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: