Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Conferencing and Transcoding question

I have a 2651XM with NM-HDV-FARM model that is fully populated (90 channels on the DSP's). Gateway is running 12.2(15)T2 IOS. Were runing G.729a codec on all phones. CCM version is 3.3(2)Sp C.

We also have a Cat 4000 AGM used for conferencing and transcoding. I belive we had to enable transcoding because the AGM only supports G.711 codec for conferencing.

On reading the following document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide09186a0080110bc5.html

It states that "Participants using G.711 and G.729 codecs joined in a single conference; no additional

transcoding resources are needed to include the disparate codec types".

My question is can I configure my 2651 to use all DSP resources for Conferencing, or will I require some DSP resource on this box for transcoding?

Many thanks in advance.

David

2 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Conferencing and Transcoding question

You could use them all for conferencing.

Re: Conferencing and Transcoding question

Thanks, so just to confirm I will not need Transcoding resources one this device. My main concern was running out of transcoding resources. But if I understand this document and what your saying correctly, I don't need transcoding resources.

Many thanks.

David

Views
Helpful
Replies