cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration Problems CP-7935

jaughert
Level 1
Level 1

Not having any fun, anyone have any luck with these. Upon initial boot, hangs at configuring IP, doesn't get DHCP, will reset back to factory defaults, will accept static IP, but can't be pinged. Have a TAC case outstanding, I have eight of these to configure.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Tom Dillon
Level 4
Level 4

Some luck on a 3.0(11) system. I have six connected to the 3.0(11) system without problems other than the documented deficiencies like no CDP support. On my 3.1(2c) system it is a different story. I can take 7935 that works on the 3.0(11) system and move it to the 3.1(2c) and it sometimes registers to the active callmanager, but mostly it will stay in the “Configuring IP…” state. I also have an open TAC case with no solution yet. The TFTP trace shows no evidence that the 7935 has made a TFTP request. I just captured network sniffer traces for TAC. I haven’t had time to look at them yet, but I am planning to look through them in the next day or two. When we find something, I’ll post it to the forum.

I have had some luck by setting the port on the switch and conference phone to 10/Half and hard coding the TFTP server address using the Alt TFTP field.

jfrelin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Heh. I can relate. I RMA'ed 2 of them, 3 in all having the same result. The way to fix this is plug it into a known subnet with something you can throw DHCP onto. Set the Speed on the phone to 10/HALF, and setup the Alt. Tftp server. Let it connect to the call manager and upgrade itself. Once it's upgraded, it works perfect at 100/Full and static addressing.

They seem to be very particular on the initial setup. I have gotten 4 individual phones that all had the same flipping problem to work with the above technique.

I know this has been acknowledged by cisco somewhere, but Some people in the tac don't seem to be aware of this issue fully and how to resolve it. Deffinate bug if there isn't one being tracked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: