cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration Setup Fails - SQL Synch

bcarpenter
Level 1
Level 1

Original problem was not being able to import or add new users in Unity - and there were no servers or mailstores listed in the add new subscribers page. Tried to resolve by reconnecting to mail server. Ran configuration setup and disconnected form mail server. Then ran config setup after rebooting to reconnecte to mail server....

The error during configuration setup:

Cisco Unity has NOT been properly installed.

The follwwing error(s) have occured:

- Failure encountered while Synchronizing the SQL Database with the mail store. hr=0x8007042d

3 Replies 3

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like one of the needed Unity services might not be able to start. Can you check the service status of the AvDSAD and AvDSGlobalCatalog services? Can you restart them at will?

I can start them before I run configuration setup - however, during configuration setup, they are stopped when it stops the rest of the services. I'm not sure if this behavior is normal, but that's what happens.

If they are started when the configuration setup runs, configuration setup disables them, and then fails with a diffferent error:

"- failed to configure one or more services"

If they are not started when the configuration setup runs (because they don't start when the server is rebooted, at this point...) then the same SQL Synch error occurs.

Can you send me a copy of the tempu.log? It's a hidden file on the system that has diagnostics of the install process.

oliviers@cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: