cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration Setup fails

sgamer
Level 1
Level 1

I am installing a Unity demo in my lab and am having some trouble with the Configuration Setup. I have two servers (if you can call them that):<br><br>The lab server is running W2K, AD and exchange 5.5 (that came with Unity).<br><br>On the other one I am trying to finish installing Unity 3.0.2 (I wanted to install 3.0.3 but the SQL SP1 from the file "SQL2KDeskSP1.exe" that I downloaded from MS failed so I went back to 3.0.2).<br><br>Everything seems fine until I run the configuration setup. I enter the labserver name and 1222 for the port I chose (yes I changed the port in Exchange and rebooted), click next to get to the login screen, type the password for administator (I'm using administator account for everything since it's for the lab) and it claims the password is invalid. I checked that administrator has the right to "act as the operating system" and can "logon as a service."<br><br>This isn't a priority so I've been banging my head for a hours and give up. I'm sure I'm missing something simple so I appreciate if someone could help me get back on track. Thanks in advance.<br><br>

19 Replies 19

Not applicable

hey, hey, hey... no one's a loser out here... repeat after me, "I'm good enough, smart enough, and darn it, people like me."

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

SNL fan I see. Thanks for the laugh!

I have double checked this and everything looks like it is okay with the effective setting. However when trying to run conf setup I still get the invalid username/password error. Any other suggestions?

Sean Young
Telecommunications Sr. Analyst

Not applicable

If from the local box you can see that 'Act as part of the OS' and 'Log on as a service' are effective, then it should work.
I have seen cases where the security policy can be corrupted, do you see any errors on the Unity machine or the domain controller related to group-policy not being applied?

heyligerb
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same problem. However, I am running Exchange 2K and AD on the same box. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: