Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Configuration Setup issues w/ 3.0 and Ex 5.5

I just installed Unity 3.0 with SQL 2000 and Exchange 5.5 running on Win2k in a NT 4.0 domain. Install went fine. TSP loaded fine. All services up and running fine. When I go to run the configuration setup app on the desktop after install to get connected into exchange I get the following error: "The following problem was found while verifing the that the system meets the installation requirements: Unable to connect to the exchange server."<br><br>I have host and lmhost entries setup for all exchange servers in the host. Unity server has no problem connect via ping and mapping. Exchange Admin tool sees other servers fine. All LDAP ports match. Any ideas?<br><br>When your in the config app and it asks you for the name of the exchange server which you should you give it? site master? local unity? I've tried them all and gotten the same results so this question is purely informational for myself.<br><br><br><br>

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Configuration Setup issues w/ 3.0 and Ex 5.5

There is a defect CSCdv77677 that would exhibit the symptoms you are seeing. Are you able to view Cisco defects?

Find the tempu.log on your system and post the piece of the log where the failure occurs. That might also help us track down the problem.

Anonymous
N/A

Re: Configuration Setup issues w/ 3.0 and Ex 5.5

From the 3.0 install guide (under Directory Connection):
Choose the Exchange server and mail store in which to create new mailboxes.

For the Unified Messaging in an Existing Exchange Site configuration:
We recommend that you choose one of the less busy Exchange servers in the site. All voice messages pass through the server you choose here on their way to user mailboxes.

As for the error you encountered, are you sure Exchange is running on the Exchange servers you have chosen? Other than that, it could be an LDAP port issue. Be sure there isn't a site level LDAP setting that might be overriding the one on the server you are trying to connect to. You might also try running standalone Syscheck (Exchange 5.5 tests) to see if that gives you any more details.

Views
Helpful
Replies