Helpful
Replies

configure bgp with load sharing

brc013
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have 2 Lines to sprint on the same AS,

on our side we have 2 routers that running ebgp to sprint and ibgp between them.

now all the traffic go through one line only and if the primary line fail the traffic go through the backup.

we run eigrp on all our routers in all the sites and we have redestribute between bgp and eigrp also on the 2 routers that run ebgp to sprint.

we want to move to load sharing between those line base on sites , i mean some local soureces address will go through the backup line and the other go through the primary , same with the inbound traffic to those site&address .

what is the best way to do it, and how ?

Regards

Ronen.

2 Replies 2

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

you can only do load sharing. You cannot do load balancing because BGP selects only a single best

path to a destination among the BGP routes that are learned from the different ASs

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800945bf.shtml

Thanks for your replay but i'm know that i can do only load sharing ,i hade also seen this link before,

but my question was what is the best way to do it and how to do it base on our local source subnets that i want share on the lines.

Thanks in advance

Ronen.