Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Configure Privacy

Hello,

I have a 7960 ip phone and i want make supervision of others personnes(5 Directory Numbers) and see if are busy or not. To do this, i have added a phone button template with one line and 5 privacy, but where i can add DNs witch i want supervisy ?.

Thanks in advance !

4 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Configure Privacy

i don't think the privacy button is what you need in this case.

to have a phone see if other phone lines are busy or not, you should configure those lines to monitor on the monitoring phone. (they will show as SharedLines when you do this; this is OK)

set the lines on the monitoring phone to "messageWaitingLamp=none" and both "ringSettings=disable" (this will keep the monitoring phone from ringing or showing voice mails from the monitored lines)(do not use the "updateSharedDeviceSettings" option for this)

you can also set the lineTextLable so the monitoring phone will show the persons name next to their line for example.

then when a monitored phone is busy or available, the monitoring user can tell by the icon displayed next to the line.

Hello,

Yes of it's correct, and i have already made a similary configuration. But, what is the purpose of privacy when configuring phone button template.

Thanks in advance,

Blue

when privacy is configured and turned on by a line, it prevents other lines of the same DN (sharedLines) from seeing the calling party information, aka Outbound calls, made by that line under privacy.

Hello,

Thanks for help. Please is there any way to disable signaling calling party to the shared line. i can disable ring and lamp only. because it's possible (i.e error) to answer calls witch destinated to shared line party. i want just see if these line are busy or not and not signaling every call to me.

Thanks,

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content