Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

configure router for IP phones

I hope this is the correct forum for this question.

My current setup is a T1 & 1841 router at our home office.

DSL w/static IP & Linksys router at remote office. Have got a working IPSec VPN tunnel to remote site.

I am trying to setup our Panasonic TDA-200 phone sytem to use an IP phone at the remote office. I can get the phone to work on the LAN so I know the phone and phone system are OK. When I try to get the phone to work over the VPN, the phone will register correctly with the phone system over the VPN(phone system IP is 192.168.1.101, phone is 192.168.111.222)

and shows up in the phone system software. However the phone will not do any other communication.

As best as I can tell the VPN is configured to allow all trafic but with my limited knowledge, thats just me.

The phone manual says it requires UDP ports 8000-8063,9300,9301,2727,2427 and TCP ports 20,21

Where should I be looking to correct the router setup.

tia for any help

Tom

2 REPLIES

Re: configure router for IP phones

Tom,

If the VPN terminates on the router, all traffic between your remote office and the 1841 should be tunneled through the VPN and all traffic should pass through the VPN. Now do you have any ACLs (outbound or inbound) on the ethernet interface of the 1841 ? Is the phone system and the 1841's ethernet connected to the same vlan (switch) ?

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Re: configure router for IP phones

other than the VPN, there is no other connection between the router and the remote office.

there are no ACL's setup either inbound or outbound.

both the router and the phone system are connected to the same switch (we only have one).

hth

Tom

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content