cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

configure the message button for voicemail access.

renzil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to know what configuration is needed on the CM / CUE to access the voicemail by pressing the messages button on the IP Phone ?

I see the MWI ON when a voicemail is received on a IP Phone but the only way I can access the mail is by dialing the voicemail pilot number. I need to have the voicemail by pressing the messages button if possible.

Thanks

Brgds

Renzil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bhattacharya.s
Level 1
Level 1

Renzil, you need to create a voicemail profile on Callmanager and assign this profile to the phones.

When you assign a voicemail profile, you put in the voicemail pilot number there. When you assign this profile to a phone, when the "Message" button on the phone is hit, the phone dials the pilot point number automatically after checking the voicemail profile given to it.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The DN dialed by pressing the Messages key is determined by the Voice Mail Pilot number configured in the Voice Mail Profile assigned to the phone's DN.

Brandon

bhattacharya.s
Level 1
Level 1

Renzil, you need to create a voicemail profile on Callmanager and assign this profile to the phones.

When you assign a voicemail profile, you put in the voicemail pilot number there. When you assign this profile to a phone, when the "Message" button on the phone is hit, the phone dials the pilot point number automatically after checking the voicemail profile given to it.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: