Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Configure Various Different PRI Nuumber range in CUCME

Hi All,

I'm going to deploy a Cisco CUCME IP Telephony for my customer.

My customer got 2 different range of PRI DID numbering from the telco, but these number range fall under the same PRI trunk.

In other words, a single PRI trunk comes with 2 different sets of numbering.

Question is can the system be configured in the voice router to receive both DID number range in the same PRI ?

For example, 04-1234XXX (XXX is DID number range given 200 to 300)

Another number range is, 04-2345XXX (XXX is DID number range given 301-400)

Both of these lines are in the same single PRI trunk, how do I configure this ?

Please advise me on how I can do the above.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super Bronze

Re: Configure Various Different PRI Nuumber range in CUCME

Hi

It doesn't require any specific configuration on the PRI.

Basically you just need to ensure that the numbers that are received have somewhere to go...

So in your example, do whatever translation or number plan settings you would normally do (but for each number range, so if using a translation profile, it would contain at least two rules - one for each range), and if all you are doing is stripping down to the last 4 digits, then you would need to ensure that you have ephone-dns in each number range to make use of them.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
4 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Hi

It doesn't require any specific configuration on the PRI.

Basically you just need to ensure that the numbers that are received have somewhere to go...

So in your example, do whatever translation or number plan settings you would normally do (but for each number range, so if using a translation profile, it would contain at least two rules - one for each range), and if all you are doing is stripping down to the last 4 digits, then you would need to ensure that you have ephone-dns in each number range to make use of them.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thank you for your reply.

Another question, after configuring the incoming calls DID numbering, when calling out, how do each users propagate their own caller ID.

Is the caller ID based on their ephone settings ?

Example, user DID number 04-1234XXX

Another user DID number 04-2345XXX

Both the users above, when they call out, will they reflect their own Caller ID to recipient or will it only show the PRI trunk main pilot number ? Or can I have either one of it ?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Super Bronze

Hi

It would work the same way as for a single number range.

Typically the Service Provider will restrict what it is possible to display as outgoing CLI to the number ranges that are associated with that trunk.

I would normally use a translation-profile for both inbound and outbound number modifications, as this gives you the greatest flexibility.

So you would have a translation-profile on your inbound (direct-inward-dial/incoming called number .) dial peer which maps the digits sent in by the service provider to your internal number ranges.

And you would have a translation-profile on your outbound dial-peers which carries out the mapping of internal extension numbers to the CLI you wish to present - whether this is simply prefixing the digits required to make up a national number for that extensions' DDI, or to translate to the main incoming number etc.

Regards

Aaron

Thanks for the explanations & info.

I have obtained the answers i'm looking for.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content