Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Configuring 0 to dial Directory Operator not the receptionist

I want to configure the CallManager 4.0 to dial Directory Operator when we dial 0. Currently, When we dial 0, it rings to receptionist phone, which is fine, but what I want is to dial 9.0 to dial the Directory Operator(Carrier Operator). The 0 is also used as a first digit of the extensions (ex: 0210, 0211,0212, etc...)in our London office. Could anybody help me to figure out this issue.

Thanks,

By the way, you can also communicate with me using the btajkarimi@allianttech.com email address.

5 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Configuring 0 to dial Directory Operator not the receptionis

Just create a Route Pattern of 9.0 with strip digits set to "PreDot" and select your gateway to the PSTN.

If your gateway is MGCP this is all you will have to do.

If your gateway is H.323, you will need a dial-peer of:

dial-peer 0 pots

destination-pattern 0

no digit-strip

port x/x

please rate posts.

adignan - berbee

I created the Route Pattern of 9.0. when I set the PreDot it retrives the 9 and sends it to our receptionist. But this is not what I want. What I want is to diat 9.0 to get out of the campus and dial the Directory Operator which is the operator for the Carrier such as AT&T, Bell, etc and not the receptionist.

Thanks,

BT

Blue

Are you sure you created a Route Pattern and not a "Translation Pattern"? A TP will not work.

adignan - berbee

Thanks man, it worked! You're the best. Let me ask you another question. I know the interdigit timeout is a global setting, but is there any way that I can set the timeout for the 0 which is a single digit for our receptionist and 9.0 for the Operator to a lower amount of time like 5 sec?

Thanks,

BT

Blue

Interdigit is a global setting like you said unfortunately. If you have extensions that begin with a 0 like you said earlier you will have to deal with the interdigit timeout or get different DID's.

please rate posts.

adignan - berbee

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content