cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring 2801-v with FXO ports

mauricevandijk
Level 1
Level 1

What is the most easy way to configure a 2801 device?

Is there any software to configure it for me? And how do i get it?

Sorry but i am a newbe.

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you using Callmanager, Callmanager Express, or another vendor for call processing?

Brandon

I am having a conflict between cisco and my reseller about giving me support. Both are saying the the other one should give support.

I find out that i can not get any callmanager software without support, so i don't own that software (yet?)

I assume from what you've said that you will at some point be running Callmanager. That being said, I think the easiest way to configure your 2801 is to use MGCP between the gateway and CCM. The link below gives configuration steps to configure a PRI with MGCP and CCM. While MGCP is the least complicated from the gateway side (with MGCP, call routing intelligence is located within Callmanager), it's not the most scalable. H.323 signaling and gatekeepers are often used in larger deployments. Without knowing your specific infrastructure, it's hard to give concrete advise on configuring the router.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1077/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801ad22f.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

My situation and problem is:

Here in the netherland i have a 2801-v with 1 4FXO.

In Bristol (England) i have a 1760 also with 1 4FXO.

If i call in the netherland through my PBX it is ringing (i can see it with telnet). But is does not ring in England.

The problem is i dont get support and does not know how to troubleshoot it?

If somebody will take a look at my script they are attatched. Only look at the firt port of the 4FXO because the other ones will be configured later if i have this site working to Bristol.