cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring ATA 186 with CallManager 3.1.2

bkootstra
Level 1
Level 1

We need to make an external ringer w/ our IP phone system. We have purchased the ATA 186 for this function. We have the 6509 rack w/ 2-48 port cards, a T1/E1 PRI Card (2 PRI's in use) and a 24port FXs card. The T1/E1 card is setup as a gateway (digigal access pri for device protocol). What IP config's on the ATA box do I need to set up for it to be recognized on the network? I set the Gateway IP address to the T1/E1 Card, but it doesn't seem to be defined for H.323. I don't know what IPs to assign for the Gatekeeper, Gateway, Router etc. Do I need to add another gateway and/or Gatekeeper to the 6509?

5 Replies 5

plurquin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Pick up the handset ( port 1 ) and press the menu button on the ata. press 20# then 0 to disable dhcp.

press 1# and enter the ip addres.

press 10# and enter the network mask.

press 2# and enter the ip of the default router.

to review ip, press 21#

to review the mask, press 23#

to review the default router, press 22#

Enjoy

Pascal

plurquin
Level 1
Level 1

Don't "forget" to use the star key as a dot, when you'll enter the ip or the other information ...

For example : IP = 10.9.36.23

Enter 10*9*36*23#

Bye

Pascal ( and Nico ) from Belgium

I have set that much up. I gave it an IP address on the same subnet as my IP Phone (same router as well). I still can't communicate w/ it though. How do I need to set up the Call Manager for it to recognize the device and give it a phone number?

Have you thought about trying to interconnect the CM and the ATA with Skinny instead?

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/ata/ata186/ata186rn/186rn21m.htm#xtocid2423825

I don't think the CM is offically supported to interwork with the ATA with H.323.

a-smyth
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get the external ringer working? We have 2 ringers that are currently on an ATA186 and are not working. I can get dial tone from the ATA device as well as the house pair on the Bix connection but when I call the ringer number it does not ring the bell externally and it hangs the phone that the bell is attached to for about 2 minutes where the phone is out of service. Any ideas as to why this is not working???

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: