Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

kvc

Configuring Call Manager to have identical phone numbers at two different

Hi,

I have two locations A and B respectively. Call Manager is located at location

A. IP Phones are installed at both the locations. The phone numbers at location A are (651)1001, (651)1002 ..so on. The phone numbers at location B are (450)1001, (450)1002.. so on.

Now if a user from location A has to reach a user at location B then he has to dial 4501001 and If the user at location A has to reach another user at location A itself then he has to dial 6511002

Now is there any way i can configure the Call Manager so that if the user at location A wants to reach another user in location A itself then all he has to do is dial 1002 instead of 6511002

My intention is to have say number 1001 belonging to all Assistant Managers across my organization

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES

Re: Configuring Call Manager to have identical phone numbers at

How about putting them into different partitions and calling search spaces to define the 2 locations.

The only other question I have would be if you have 1 PRI serviceing both Prefix's.

If they are different you could put Each Pri into the different Calling Search Space.

Hope this helps

Here's an idea using Translation Patterns and 5-digit dialing between sites. This way Site A to A and B to B would be 4 digit, and A to B and B to A would be 5 digit. In the below setup, Site A user would need to dial a 5 in front of user B's 4 digit extension, and Site B user would have to dial a 6 in front of user A's extension.

Partitions

1) Site A DNs in Partition-A

2) Site B DNs in Partition-B

Calling Search Spaces

1) A-CSS = Partition-A --> Assigned to Site A's phones

2) B-CSS = Partition-B --> Assigned to Site B's phones

Translation Patterns

1) Translation Pattern 5.xxxx

Partition Partition-A

Calling Search Space B-CSS

Discard Digits PreDot

2) Translation Pattern 6.xxxx

Partition Partition-B

Calling Search Space A-CSS

Discard Digits PreDot

Hope that helps

The translation patterns work great, but keep in mind that if your are using Unity you can not have two users with the same extenison.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content