cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Caller ID on the secondary line on Cisco 7960

andre.long
Level 1
Level 1

I have call Manager 3.2.3. Caller ID is enabled and working on the primary line. Is there a way to configure the secondary line to display the Caller ID of a calling party when you are on the primary line? The IP phones in use are 7960.

4 Replies 4

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

When you're on a call, the caller ID of another incoming call will normally display on the status line at the bottom of the phone. The ID of the call you're currently on will continue to be displayed on the top line or two of the display.

There are some phone loads where this is known to be broken, some of which were new around the time 3.2(3) came out. I don't have the DDTS handy, but it's definitely not an issue in the new signed 5.0(2) phone software loads available on CCO. Download and install those if you truly don't see the calling phone number displayed on the bottom line for second incoming calls, and I bet it will work.

I looked it up. If you need to work with TAC, the relevant bug-ID is CSCdx14064. We worked with TAC under case D866106, feel free to reference that too. 3.2(3)ES9.1 and better has the fix, so the 3.2(3)SR3 release posted on CCO should do nicely.

Hello all

i know that this not (more or less) a relevant issue but does anybody know why an incoming call in a second line (7960 with CM 3.3-3-) is not displayed on the screen while i am talking in line 1?

Note: Line 1 has call waiting set to off and ForWhenBusy to Line2

Is there any way to answer the call in Line 2 while placing Line 1 on hold?

Thanks

Hello

problem has been resolved (hardware problem)

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: