Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Configuring CCM for VoIP calls to outside world

Hi all,

We have a relatively small VoIP network consisting of one AS5300, a CCM server v.3.0.(8) and some IP Phones. Our AS5300 is registred with a gatekeeper at our up link provider side, in another country (I mean that we haven't access to the gatekeeper but we can ask them to make configuration changes we need). Currently we can place calls using the following schemes:

1. PSTN --> AS5300 --> UP Link Provider --> WORLD

2. PSTN --> AS5300 --> CCM --> IP Phone

3. IP Phone --> CCM --> AS5300 --> PSTN

We need:

IP Phone --> CCM --> ?????????? --> WORLD

By "?" I mean that we don't know what to do in order to make it possible to call to the World. Do we need a gatekeeper? If not, then probably our up link provider's gatekeeper should register our CCM or all IP Phones.

Please, if somebody knows anything concerning how to make calls from ip phones managed by CCM to the World, help me.

Thanks a lot.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Configuring CCM for VoIP calls to outside world

Can you be more specific in what you want? In #3 above, you said that you can call to the PSTN using the AS5300. There is no difference by my reckoning between the PSTN and the "outside world."

So I am confused about what you need to be able to do that can't do already.

Please elaborate or rephrase exactly what you want to do that you're not already able and I will try to help. Thanks!

Hi,

I'm sorry for my bad explanations. By "WORLD" and "outside world" I meant other countries.

What exactly we want to do:

We want to make calls from IP Phones to other countries over IP.

Currently we have a functioning VoIP network which works in the following way:

Client dials our PSTN number for ex. 3003xx, the calls gets to AS5300, the IVR application starts and after authentication it collects the dialed phone number(where the client wanted to call). All the number that begin with 00 for example are forwarded to our VoIP up link provider and I don't know what happens to them there but they reach their destination. And one more thing, the gatekeeper is at our provider side and all calls are managed from there.

I want to do the same thing with IP Phones. Is it possible for example, for a user who dials 00, the call to be forwarded to our VoIP provider and from there to reach its destination, to whatever country the user dialed.

Hope this time I explained better, if not tell me please and I'll make another attempt because this problem is very important for me.

Thank you.

Hi,

you have same VoIP network as us, except that we control our gatekeepers and we are able to call anywhere in the world or national call.

What you need is that you need to install T1/PRI interface card in AS 5300, and then you have to contact your long distance carrier to install T1 between your AS5300 and their WAN switch.

Any questions give me a call :201 7980961

Ken

Views
Helpful
Replies