Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring fast dial on 7960 phone

In CM IP Phone service I have created a fast dial number which is not successful. The error I recieve is 'User was unable to be validated'under Services Personal Fast Dial on the phone.

11 REPLIES

Re: Configuring fast dial on 7960 phone

Remmeber you PIN is different from your Password you logged in with.

On the first page of the CCM userpage.... check what your PIN is set to. If you do not know it, you will have to have your admin reset it.

This PIN should match the IP Services PIN for fast dials. If it does not match, you will get this error you are seeing.

I changed the PIN to match my CCM and IP services PIN.

I still recieve the same error ... User was unable to be validated. I may have to delete my profile and recreate using the same password.

In ccmadmin, from my phone I entered subscribe/unsubcribe services. After selecting fast dial I unsubscribed and subscribed reentering same usermame/password. On the phone under services /fastdial I still recieve error...'User was unable to be validated'

Your PIN must be a numeric password. Alpha passwords do not work for the PIN.

The PINs are all numeric and they are not successful..

Have you gone through this doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800b2eba.shtml

(Troubleshooting Personal Directory with Cisco CallManager 3.x and 4.x)

Thanks but I have tried all those steps except the uploading of contacts. As I add persons into the personal address book I am unable to access. In addition the Directory access I recieve a HTTP error 403. The worse part is not being able to access the fastdial after configuring numbers. I'm not able to locate anyone who has success accessing via services.

Sounds like you have bigger issues.

If you are an admin on CCM, I would go into your profile and reset all your PINS/Password to double check they are not wrong.

make sure that your on CCM is associated with th correct MAC address of the phone you are trying to use. Who knows.. maybe the MAC you are assigned is another phone. I have seen this before and it's an easy one to skip over.

Outstanding.... as admin I reset all of my passwords and PINS and it works.. many thanks.

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Tommer,

Nice catch!! You get 5 points for this one.

Take care!

Rob

I have end users who just do not get this. It's probably the worst setup from Cisco for these applications.... but there is some logic behind it because of Extension Mobility and "pins". But if the login page for CCMuser could be tied to the Domain account that they log into. I wish they could use LDAP to challenge the account login for this page. Then it would just be the "PIN" everyone has to remember.

I'll keep dreamin!

cheers!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content