Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Configuring Message store for Unity 3.1.5

Hi,

I am installing unity3.1.5(UM) integrated with CM.Unity server is installed as a member server in WIN2K domain.I want the voice mail box to sit on multiple exchange 2000 servers in the domain .As per my knowledge a singe unity server supports only max 5 message stores.How can I select these five message stores.I want message stores sitting on multiple servers.Please let me know ASAP.

Regds

Kiran.M.S

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Configuring Message store for Unity 3.1.5

There is no configuration require to select the message stores which Unity will service. Unity dynamically finds all message stores in the forest, regardless of the domain they are in, by monitoring the Global Catalog. Therefore there is no hard coded limit on the number of stores Unity can service, only a support limit of 5.

Keith

Hi Keith,

Thanks for replying.I would like to confirm when you say support limit of 5 ,wheather it is only a performance issue when you go for more than 5 message store/unity server or tac will support only if there are 5 or less message store/unity server?

1.There is a slight delay before unity starts playing the new message when the voice mail is on a exch 2000 server other than the parent server(to which unity is configured using config setup).The two exchange servers are in different LAN.Parent exch server & CM are in one LAN.IP Phone from which voice mail is accessed & exch server on which the voice mail is configured are in one LAN.

2.MWI does not glow when the ip phone access unity across the WAN.

Request your suggestions on the above.

Regds

Kiran.M.S

Gold

Five is the maximum supported by Cisco per:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/design/udg/udg_060.htm#xtocid22

When you say that the Exchange server is in a different LAN I assume there is a slow link between them such as a T1. Pause is expected if there is delay in the round trip time or congestion on the links. You might want to look at this link:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/design/udg/udg_040.htm#xtocid23

I don't have enough information on the MWI troubles. Do you have more than one CM cluster integrated with the Unity server?

Keith

Views
Helpful
Replies