Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Configuring MGCP gateway

I have a CCM 4.1(3) and I´m configuring a MGCP gateway into 1751-V with FXO. I´m using a IP VOICE IOS 12.3-8T8 version.

I configured the gateway follow the url http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008017787b.shtml.

The command show ccm-manager show me that the gateway is registering with CM and my gateway doesn´t work.

The message is:

Priority Status Host

============================================================

Primary Registering with CM 192.168.10.100

First Backup None

Second Backup None

What´s wrong?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES

Re: Configuring MGCP gateway

Note that the hostname configured on the router should be the same as the name configured on the MGCP gateway configuration page. Verify this. Also paste your configs on router, as well as a screenshot of the mgcp config page in callmanager.

Community Member

Try to reconfigure your ccm-manager configuration on the gateway and see what happens

Bronze

The link you're using is several years old. Try these commands after you delete your existing dial peers. Also change the obvious IPs and interface info below. The MGCP call agent line should be the primary (subscriber) CCM. The ccm-manager config server and ccm-manager redundant host should be the publisher. That is of course if you have a redundant cluster.

ccm-manager fallback-mgcp

ccm-manager redundant-host 10.100.202.10

ccm-manager mgcp

ccm-manager config server 10.100.202.10

ccm-manager config

mgcp

mgcp call-agent 10.100.220.10 2427 service-type mgcp version 0.1

mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode out-of-band

mgcp rtp unreachable timeout 1000 action notify

mgcp modem passthrough voip mode nse

mgcp package-capability rtp-package

no mgcp package-capability res-package

mgcp package-capability sst-package

no mgcp package-capability fxr-package

mgcp package-capability pre-package

no mgcp timer receive-rtcp

mgcp sdp simple

mgcp fax t38 inhibit

no mgcp explicit hookstate

mgcp rtp payload-type g726r16 static

Make sure the hostname of the router matches exactly what you put in the CCM gateway device name. If you have a domain name in your router config make sure the CCM device name reflects that...routername.company.com You may have to restart the mgcp process in order for the router to register after entering all of these configs. The dial-peers are automatically generated in the config after it registers with CCM and gets its config. You can look at the CCM gateway config to determine if its registered.

Hope this helps.

Hi Rodrigo,

A couple things...

"Registering" in this case means that ccm-manager is attempting to register. It will indicate "Registered" after registration is complete.

Until you register, you cannot receive tftp downloads a la "ccm-manager config" and "ccm-manager config server x.x.x.x". Nor will the gateway function for you.

Some things that prevent registration:

1) The hostname of the router doesn't precisely match the hostname configured in CCM.

2) The domain name configured in the router is not appended to the hostname in CCM.

3) The hardware chosen in CCM to describe the gateway is not precisely the same has the hardware in the router.

4) The interface/ip address from which the router tries to register with CCM is not reachable by, or cannot reach CCM.

5) The ip address 192.168.85.10 is not the correct Callmanger.

Check the Windows Application Event viewer on the CCM this gateway should register with (callmanager group in GW config) for transient connection attempts from this gateway. If you don't see any, you have a reachability problem.

If you do see some,

1) compare the hostname/domain name configured to the one attempting to connect. They must be identical.

2) compare the endpoint trying to register to the one(s) configured in CCM. They too, must be identical.

Let me know if this helps by rating the post.

Michael

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content