Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Configuring Secure LDAP in CUCM 8.6

Hi,

I have 2 clusters of CUCM version 8.6 deployed and one of them has configured with Secure LDAP while the other is not. I do know the steps to configure the Secure LDAP in CUCM and just want to confirm one doubt that I have.

In cluster A, can I download the LDAP server certificates and saved it on my desktop and upload to cluster B using OS admin page -> Certificate Management for enabling cluster B with secure LDAP(SSL checkbox checked) configuration ?

I have tested download the .pem file and upload to my test CUCM VM and seem like CUCM creates .der file automatically after uploading .pem file only. So question is it is fine with downloading the .pem file only from cluster A and upload to cluster B?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony

1 REPLY

It should be okay.  But if it

It should be okay.  But if it doesn't work, you can always delete it if necessary (and it won't hurt anything to try it).  The acid test will be whether or not it works.

Since you have a test box, you should be able to test setting up secure LDAP on that box and see if it can connect before you attempt it on your production machine.  Don't forget to set the correct port number based on being secure and whether or not the server is also a global catalog. 

Cliff

(please rate helpful posts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content