Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Configuring the Message store during Unity4 install

Hello,

During the install of Unity4.0.3 the "Cisco Unity Message Store configuration Wizard" needs to run. After the password for the Unity install account is given and the Unity Admin account is selected, the Message store needs to be selected. You can choose between Domino 5 & 6 and Exchange 5.5, 2000 or 2003. There is a seperate Exchange 2K server running in the same domain (Unity is Domain Controller). When I select Exchange 2000 and click next, nothing happens and the process will not continue.

I installed everything according to the install documentation, but this is the second time this happens. I started all over again (formatting the drives) and now I have the same problem.

DNS (unity = root) works on both servers, I can run the Exchange Admin tool on both servers and can send e-mails using Outlook Express on Unity and the Exchange server.

As far as I can investigate everything should be OK. Does anyone else have an idea or seen this same issue?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Configuring the Message store during Unity4 install

I suspect DNS settings. Can you check your application and system logs in the Unity server (domain controller) and also the Exchange server?

Please post the errors.

H. M.

Hi

In addition to posting the Application Event log errors/warning, one other thing to check to log in under the account the message store facing Cisco Unity services are run under. Start up the Exchange System Manager and determine if you can see the Exchange server and mailstore. If you it could be an indication of permissions

Hi,

Try to terminate your Setup anyway .

After UNITY reboot, it will fail to start. Re-run the Message Store Configuration tool from Control Panel | Add/remove program .

I run under problems when upgrading to 4.03, The configuration of the message store aborted in the setup without any notification that an error occurs.

Martin

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content