cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conflict in Outlook Today page

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,<br>We have a customized Outlook Today page. Our Unity setup does not include faxing capabilities. Using Outlook 2000, when Outlook opens to the Outlook Today page, (not if it opens to the Inbox), we recieve two errors. <br><br>One says, "The add-in "c:\Program files\ViewMail\tfxExt32.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using detect and repair on the Help menu." This error message comes up twice.<br><br>The second is a Disable Macros warning that flashes up twice too quickly to press any buttons.<br><br>The reason I think they both come up twice is that there are two instances of the Outlook view control on our custom page. (outlctlx.dll)<br><br>From what I have been reading, the "add-in" error could be caused by a missing dll. What are the dependencies for the viewmail extensions? Since, we aren't using the fax option, are we missing a dll?<br><br>The disable macros warning appears to occur if you get a "one-off" form or the custom form isn't registered. However, everything seems okay with that. <br><br>I have contacted support about this seperately but I just wondered if anyone had a solution. It has been about 3 months that we have been dealing with this and support has become a nightmare. The only way we have found to "get rid of" the error is to go to the add-in manager and remove viewmail extensions. People can still receive their voice mail and listen to it but they don't have the menu options. Also, when someone logs into a computer without the viewmail extensions, and then returns to a computer with, we have to go through the process of adding the extensions back in. <br><br>Any suggestions on this?<br><br>Thanks!<br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

I had another report of something similiar a few weeks ago... we asked for some more data and never heard back.

We need to know what version of Unity and Outlook you're running at and, if possible, can we get your extensions you're trying to use? We'll need to try and reproduce this in house if we're going to figure out what's wrong...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Hopefully, that is not our report as we did send in all the data that we knew to. (The only thing we weren't able to setup is PCAnywhere access yet.) But I did forward some dll's to the support person.

Unity 2.4 Build 2.4.5.66
Microsoft Outlook 2000 SR-1 (9.0.0.4005)
Windows 2000 Professional 5.00.2195 Service Pack 1

When you ask for the extensions I am trying to use, do you mean the Outlook View Control? I will email the same that I sent to support.

Not applicable

Actually, there was another site also running a custom application that reported a similiar problem. Alex already has a ticket open for you guys with the files you sent attached... it's on the CPR list to investigate.

thanks for following up...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: