Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Conflicting call handler

Hello to all! <br><br>A small question regarding an message prompt not allowing a new subscriber to be added. The prompt says 'extension in use by call handler...., please use unique extension' <br><br>This prompt is fine, though the extension is not in use by any call handler or subscriber. I have used the Directory walker tool to remove the orphan call handlers, but this did not may any improvment. <br>I know that you can also (carefully)do a 'Dohprop' test to locate other errors, is this a possibility. <br><br>Many thanks<br><br>

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Conflicting call handler

Does it indicate the alias of the call handler it thinks is conflicting? Can you find that object in the directory somewhere to confirm it exists in the first place? It may not be a call handler (I know the SA had some issues barking out incorrect error messages)... it could be a distribution list, interview handler, alpha directory, call handler or location object that causes a DTMF_ID conflict.

The alias of the object it's conflicting with would give us a place to start anyway...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies