Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect IP Phone to Remote Call Manager

Let assume my Call Manager is in Washington. It has one static IP address which can be connected thru Internet. One of branch is in New York.

This branch has 5 users that will connect their IP Phones to the Call Manager. The branch has one static IP address and a router to/from Internet.

All these 5 users have desktop and their IP addresses are private. The IP Phones have PC Port that will allow users to connect to their desktop.

How do I configure the IP Phones ? So the Phones will talk to Call Manager in New York, as well as to their desktop to connect to their Intranet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: Connect IP Phone to Remote Call Manager

Make sure the gateway router from the branch is able to access the Call manger through the internet and also NAT is configured to translate the private IPs. Then configure the IP phone to use the gateways IP address as the default router. Configure the Call managers IP address in the TFTP server configuration on the IP phone. The IP phone should be able to reach the remote Call manager now.

2 REPLIES
Silver

Make sure the gateway router from the branch is able to access the Call manger through the internet and also NAT is configured to translate the private IPs. Then configure the IP phone to use the gateways IP address as the default router. Configure the Call managers IP address in the TFTP server configuration on the IP phone. The IP phone should be able to reach the remote Call manager now.

im doing this procedure too, but doesn't function .

When the IP Call Manager send the .cnf file to the Phone it says the untranslated call manager ip address.

Can i modify this file with the Nated call manager only for certain ip phones??

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content