Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting a PBX Meridian 1 OPT11C to a Cisco Call Manager

pcavicch
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need to connect a Meridian Opt 11 to a CCM in my network.

The target is to call directly with internal short numbers from my legacy PBX phones to my new IP Phones, managed by a Cisco Call Manager.

I think this is possibile with a Cisco Voice Gateway using E1 QSIG signaling.

I've found detailed documentation in the Cisco Web Site, only for a Cisco 2651 Gateway.

I would like to know if that documentation applies to the Cisco 1751 too (i.e. is it possible to connect a Meridian OPT11 to a CCM using a Cisco 1751?).

Another question: do you know any other way to achieve my target?

Is the Meridian IP Line Card ITG ables to connect using H.323 a Meridian OPT11 to a Cisco Call Manager?

Thank you in advance

Paolo

3 Replies 3

mschlenger
Level 3
Level 3

Paolo,

Funny you should post this. I JUST finished a Nortel Option 11 PBX integration to CM through a 3725. The way we could get this to function properly, was using ISDN PRI QSIG. We set the 3725 to slave and the PBX to Master. CM used H.323 for signalling. Email me offline and I can send you my config.

Oh yeah, and you need a T1 cross over. Pins 1,2,4,5 crossed on one end.

as mike points out qsig would be clean however i ran into a situation today where we could not do qsig with an option 81c I guess because they are not licensed for it but....

So we had originally tried primary-ni on both sides with which isdn came up no problem however no matter what i sent the nortel 7 or 10 digits it would strip it down to 4 digits and ring an extension off the switch or busy out if those 4 digits were not on a phone. My understanding is that this is a result of the nortel only being able to do DID with NI2 and not being able to do TIE.

So we had to do S100 TIE on the Nortel amd DMS100 on the 3640. This brought the Dchannels up no problem however when a call was made in either direction you got fast busy but the digits were getting through. It even showed up as a missed call on the 7960 with the correct CPN.

when is used the command

isdn flip-chan-flag

on s1/0:23 in my case

it came up and with a little progress_ind tweaking all was working well.

yea, isdn flip-chan-flag will get your tandwm switching and internal calling working, but the h323 integration will strip off the first character of the line display between systems for some crazy reason. Use MGCP. The h323 integration is not as good. I don't have my configs with me but if you ask, I'll dig them up, I did one of these about 1 and 1/2 years ago.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: