Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Connecting FXO port to FXS port

This maybe a simple question but can you connect a FXO port to a FXS port directly? My concern is voltage, of course. Specifically can I connect a Cisco ATA 186, 188, etc. to a FXO port in 3660? Generally can you connect any FXS to any FXO?

I worry when I see things like 'you may damage your FXS port if connect to a PBX'...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/products_qanda_item0900aecd80122f41.shtml

They are probably talking about connect two FXS port though - 2 voltage providers. But I want to be certain.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Connecting FXO port to FXS port

That will work. I have a fxo---fxs working in lab with out any issues. Note both are Cisco vics.

Sankar.

Cisco Employee

It's better to be safe than sorry with expensive hardware but, in this case, your Ok.

I do it for simulations often and have never had issues what so ever with the products you've listed.

3 REPLIES

That will work. I have a fxo---fxs working in lab with out any issues. Note both are Cisco vics.

Sankar.

Cisco Employee

It's better to be safe than sorry with expensive hardware but, in this case, your Ok.

I do it for simulations often and have never had issues what so ever with the products you've listed.

Community Member

Just to be even safer and because it is not need anyway - Is there a way in the configuration to turn off the voltage coming out of a FXS port?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content