Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Connecting PBX MCK extenders to Cisco routers using WIC 2T & Dual T-1 VWIC

I am trying to get a new configuration to work that involves a 2811 router and a 2651 router running 12.3 code. In the 2651 router I have a 2 port T-1 VWIC and I have successfully connected to the 2811 router with a CSU DSU T-1 WIC and pass data fine with no issues. I have a dual port WIC 2t in each router and they are connected to an Remote MCK extender 6000 and Gateway 6000 phone extenders. We have a Avaya Definity ECS PBX. I have my other 3 remote sites connected using external Paradynes and my router connects to the paradyne and the phones are extended to the remote sites. I want to eliminate the outdated paradynes and use internal CSU DSU Wics in my routers. I have n=been doing that succesfully for a couple years with data but now I want to extend the phone system the same way. I posted in the WAN forumn but I will try here as well ...probaly something simple. Any help would be greatly appreciated..please...Thanks

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: Connecting PBX MCK extenders to Cisco routers using WIC 2T &

You could use WIC-T1-DSU/CSU to completely eliminate the paradynes.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Connecting PBX MCK extenders to Cisco routers using WIC 2T &

You could use WIC-T1-DSU/CSU to completely eliminate the paradynes.

Views
Helpful
Replies