Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Connection between Cisco Router and Ericsson BP250 Using PRI

We are connecting an IP Telephony system into an Ericsson BP250 via a 1760 router with a PRI interface. We have successfully connected the systems together physically - clocks are OK and Framing is OK. We can make a call from the IP Telephony system into the PABX. The call is correctly delivered to the PABX and the handset rings and a voice path established. There are no issues apparent from reading the Q.921 and Q.931 debugs.

The problem I have is that when the PABX is placing a call to the router. The debug of these calls show that dialling the access code for the tie-line results in a CALL SETUP message with no digits. The router just gives dial tone to the caller, who then tries to dial the number of the required extension sending the DTMF tones, but of course the router cannot interpret them.

The PABX guys seem to be having trouble understanding how to configure the BP250 to send digits in the CALL SETUP request.

Has anyone had experience in working with the BP250?

I should add that the problem would seem to be peculiar to that box and the way it is configured as we have a number of other successful ISDN and QSIG implemetations to Ericsson systems but these are connecting to MD110 switches.

3 REPLIES

Re: Connection between Cisco Router and Ericsson BP250 Using PRI

hi,

i don't know if this will help but have you tried putting the "isdn overlap-receiving" command on your router (this command is put under the interface eg s1/0:15)

or make sure that you're pbx provider sends all digits at the same time

hope this helps

dave

Re: Connection between Cisco Router and Ericsson BP250 Using PRI

Dave

thanks for the tips. We have overlap-receiving on. It does not matter however, as there are no digits being sent by the PABX. (traces show only the CALL SETUP. there are no subsequent INFORMATION ffarmes that may be carrying digits)

Regards

Anthony

Thanks, It worked for me

Thanks,

It worked for me

Views
Helpful
Replies