Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Continuous Ringing on Call Managers

We have three clusters, and between clusters, from the outside world and internally we have an intermittent problem with a continuous ring.

CCM Version 3.08

10 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Continuous Ringing on Call Managers

You need to be more specific about what the problem is. What do you mean by continuous ring. More details, please.

I've just recently started having this problem as well. It only happens sometimes, but when someone will call into an IP phone through a PSTN gateway, instead of hearing 3 or 4 rings (before voice mail) they will hear one continuous ring for the entire duration of time before transfering to voice mail.

CCM Version 3.09

I dont know the topology but I ran into this same problem when setting up a PRI try this. Notice the dot after incoming called-number

dial-peer voice 2 pots

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

Cisco Employee

You mean the PSTN caller is hearing a "long ringback" tone?

If that is the case and you are using a 2600 or 3600 series router, you need to run 12.1(3a)XI5 or later in the XI train, and that should fix the problem.

Let me know if you are using a different gateway type.

I have been experiencing the same problem for a couple of months now. We have a VG200 gateway. Is there an IOS fix for the VG200's yet?

Thanks!

Steve

You think the XI will fix this problem on the AS5300 as well ?

We have the same problem. The PSTN caller is hearing a "long ringback". It got better after I put the 'incoming called-number .' on the voip dial-peer. Sometimes it works fine but sometime for example every 3rd ringback er long (the PSTN caller hears two normal ringback, one long, two short and so on).

We are running AS5300 with E1 connected to the PSTN. IOS 12.1(5)T8

One of our dial-peer looks like this:

dial-peer voice 5590000 voip

huntstop

incoming called-number .

destination-pattern 559....

progress_ind setup enable 3

session target ipv4:10.10.10.10

codec g711alaw

no vad

Dave, it would be great if you had some BUG ID for this problem ?

As mentioned in my posting in June 19th we are having the same problem with our AS5300. We just upgraded it to 12.1(5)T9 which is the newest release in the T series but it did not fix the problem.

Cisco Employee

I don't have the bug ID handy right now, I am sure one could be given to you if you called TAC.

I don't think the long ringback problem has been fixed in the 12.1(5)T train. You would need to use 12.1.3a(XI7) which is the latest in the XI train and should have the fix. Again, a question for TAC.

I could not install the XI series because then our CallTracker/Syslog would not work.

Cisco Norway recomended I installed 12.2.1a for my AS5300 so I did and everything is working great. We now have a normal ringback :-)

ps. the id is CSCds41380

We also test the version 12.2.1a, for an AS5300, and we have the problem of the continuos

ringback, is not a problem present all the time, but in some moments the caller hear a long

ringback. We began to expirienced this problem when we installed the IVR co-resident in

the Call Manger.

Does anybody knows which version fix this problem?

Views
Helpful
Replies