Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Convert from Voicemail with LAN admin to Unified

My client would like me to install Unity as Voicemail Only with LAN admin but would like to convert to Unified Messaging at a later date. The reason is that his Exchange server is maxed out right now and cannot handle the additional bytes. It seems to me that the subscribers would have to be deleted and reinstalled. Does anyone have a better procedure to do this?<br><br>

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Convert from Voicemail with LAN admin to Unified

I have a tool on my web site that can help with this on 2.4.6 and earlier versions (it wont work with 3.0 at this point). The "Move Subscriber Data" utility (on the 2.x tools page of AnswerMonkey) allows you to take all subscriber information on a mail user and move it onto another existing Exchange mailbox and make THAT the new subscriber box (it removes the subscriber info from the original box as well).

The idea is for folks that have installed Unity with seperate Exchange mailboxes for voice mail (i.e. not using true unified messaging) for whatever reason (fear of the unknown, space considerations, bad planning etc...) they can convert to a unified box without the technician having to reenter all that subscriber data again.

You have to do it one at a time by selecting the subscriber mailbox you want to move data from and then the exchange mailbox you want to move it to, move the data and then do it again. There's no easy way to automate the process but it's certainly better than having to redo it from scratch.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Re: Convert from Voicemail with LAN admin to Unified

Thanks Jeff, hopefully it will support 3.x before too long.

Views
Helpful
Replies