cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Convert JPG to CIP in Java

msabir
Level 4
Level 4

I have previously used SDK provided activeX controls such CIPImage along with CiscoURLProxy to convert JPG to CIP.

However, now we are doing all development in Java and there are ways to call ActiveX / .dll from Java, but I want to know if there is any easier way. Since we are producing COTS product which are very easy to install, I don't want users to install SDK first (to install and register the above mentioned ActiveX controls) before being able to fully use our product.

Any suggestions/pointers? Is there any other tool out there (may be a Java library) that I can use to convert JPG to CIP?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Have you looked at the CIPImage class from the SDK? It allows you to get a CIP from a BufferedImage object.

Thanks. That seem to do the magic I was looking for. Now, I need googling to convert JPG to PNG for 7970. Another thing is to resize pics before converting to CIP/PNG to fit the pixels.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: