Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Converting MP3 to WAV for CME MOH.AU file

Has anyone looked at converting an MP3 file into the .AU format for use on the CME flash? I am trying to convert a customer provided MP3 file and have looked at using GoldWave, Zilla Audio and several other "converters" from the Web with no luck. I would be curious if someone has done this and what software they used to do it. Otherwise, I will have to use an external MOH connection via a E&M V2 WIC.

3 REPLIES

Re: Converting MP3 to WAV for CME MOH.AU file

Hi,

If you Google "convert .mp3 wave" (no quotes) you'll find a ton of utilities that will convert the .mp3 to a wave. Then, after you have converted the file to a standard .wav format, on a Windows XP machine go to Start>Programs>Accessories>Entertainment>Sound Recorder. Open the .wav file with Sound Recorder, then choose Save As. In the Save As dialog, near the bottom click 'Change' at Format. In the Sound Selection dialog that opens, choose 'CCIT u-law' in Format, and '8.000 kHz, 8 bit, Mono, 7kb/sec' for Attributes. Clikc OK, then save the file where required.

Hope this helps.

I developed an online tool

I developed an online tool that makes this very quick and simple http://kernelmanic.com/call-manager-and-asterisk-audio-converter/

dude that tool is the best

dude that tool is the best think in the world. worked so well. please do not take it down lol

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content