Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Copying Voice Mails

Untiy Build 2.4.6.135<br>TSP 1.0.0.36<br>CCM 3.0.11<br><br>I was looking to see if there is a way for the administrator to copy a voice mail message from a subscriber with out the the subscriber knowing. I know I can run reports to show who and how many or how much is in there mail box. I would also like to know where does the Unity keep the voicemail messages (which directory). If there is anyone that may know the answers to these questions it would be greatly appreciated<br><br>Thanks, <br><br>Troy Dean<br>Elevating Boats LLC.<br>900 St. Bernard Pkwy<br>Braithwaite, La 70040<br>Tele: (504) 682-5245 x 7002<br>Fax: (504) 682-5298<br>E-Mail: tdean@ebi-inc.com

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Copying Voice Mails

the first question is easy... we keep the voice mails in the Exchange mail store directly. We don't have a second store that syncs up with the user's email box, we originate the message in the inbox itself. This is what we mean by unified messaging: one store for all message types, no goofy syncronization schemes.

As such you can use any forwarding/duplicating features Exchange offers with voice mail just as you can with email. The Exchange administration utility gives you inbox options to copy all mail to and from a particular subscriber such that you can get copies of all incoming messages to a specific employee (i.e. you want to monitor their message traffic without them knowing). Kind of big-brother-ish, but hey... the options were added to Exchange because people needed the feature.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content