cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

COR for CME / SRST - HELP!!

rhugo
Level 3
Level 3

Can someone please explain this to me in PLAIN ENGLISH, with an example, perhaps?? I am thoroughly CONFUSED???

here is an excerpt from the Cisco docs:

If the COR applied on an incoming dial-peer (for incoming calls) is a super set or equal to the COR applied to the outgoing dial-peer (for outgoing calls), the call goes through. Incoming and outgoing are terms used with respect to the "voice ports".

I kind of get the piece about incoming / outgoing from the perspective of the voice ports on the router (???) but I am confused about the "subset" language part of how the COR config actually works to block or allow calls??

Someone please help clarify this??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Consider the following CME example:

dial-peer cor custom

name 911

name local

name ld

name int

dial-peer cor list 911

member 911

dial-peer cor list local

member local

dial-peer cor list ld

member ld

dial-peer cor list int

member int

dial-peer cor list 911-local

member 911

member local

dial-peer cor list All

member 911

member local

member ld

member int

dial-peer voice 911 pots

corlist tougoing 911

dial-peer voice 7 pots

corlist tougoing local

dial-peer voice 11 pots

corlist tougoing ld

dial-peer voice 20 pots

corlist tougoing int

epone-dn 1

number 1000

cor incoming 911-local

epone-dn 1

number 1001

cor incoming All

ephone 1

button 1:1

ephone 2

button 1:2

In the above example we have 2 phones with DN 1000 and 1001, phone 1 has incoming cor of 911-local which is a superset of 911 and local, basically giving it an access to 911 calling via dial-peer 911 and 7 digit local calling via dial peer 7.

Phone 2 has access to all dial-peers as it's incoming cor is a superset of all cors applied to the outbound dial-peers.

If you understand CCM CSS/Partions concept it's kind of the same the corlist member is partition and corlist is a calling search space, by appling outgoing corlist to dial-peer you specify which partion it belongs to, and by applying incoming cor to ephone-dn you specify it's calling-search space.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Consider the following CME example:

dial-peer cor custom

name 911

name local

name ld

name int

dial-peer cor list 911

member 911

dial-peer cor list local

member local

dial-peer cor list ld

member ld

dial-peer cor list int

member int

dial-peer cor list 911-local

member 911

member local

dial-peer cor list All

member 911

member local

member ld

member int

dial-peer voice 911 pots

corlist tougoing 911

dial-peer voice 7 pots

corlist tougoing local

dial-peer voice 11 pots

corlist tougoing ld

dial-peer voice 20 pots

corlist tougoing int

epone-dn 1

number 1000

cor incoming 911-local

epone-dn 1

number 1001

cor incoming All

ephone 1

button 1:1

ephone 2

button 1:2

In the above example we have 2 phones with DN 1000 and 1001, phone 1 has incoming cor of 911-local which is a superset of 911 and local, basically giving it an access to 911 calling via dial-peer 911 and 7 digit local calling via dial peer 7.

Phone 2 has access to all dial-peers as it's incoming cor is a superset of all cors applied to the outbound dial-peers.

If you understand CCM CSS/Partions concept it's kind of the same the corlist member is partition and corlist is a calling search space, by appling outgoing corlist to dial-peer you specify which partion it belongs to, and by applying incoming cor to ephone-dn you specify it's calling-search space.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris!

One other question......

I totally understand that the ephone-dn cor incoming is actually an outbound call from the IP phone / user. During studying for my CCIE lab though, there is a practice lab that asks "block all calls from the PSTN to 1000...." I hope I am not breaking the NDA by asking this, but I can't figure out what I am assuming is the CONVERSE of this ephone-dn cor list you referenced....

Is it like:

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern 1000

cor list outgoing......(something like 911 which ONLY allows 911 calls to DN 1000?)

Am I on the right track here or even close???

in this case when you want to block all calls from pstn to 1000, you need to apply in reverse direction.

dial-peer cor list blockpstn

member blockpstn

dial-peer cor list phonex

member phonex

dial-peer voice 1 pots

incoming called-number .

port 1/0:23

corlist incoming blockpstn

ephone-dn 1

number 1000

corlist outgoing phonex

ephone-dn 2

number 1001

no corlist applied here

Calls from PSTN will be blocked as the cor applied on dial-peer (incoming call leg) is not a subset of outgoing call leg (corlists defined under ephone-dns)

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Depending on complexity and requirements. You could just use an after hours block pattern as a really simple alternative. Just make it active 24 x 7.

Thats what I have done for International and Premium calls while our small branches are in SRST mode.

Cheers,

Tim.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: