cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

COR for CME / SRST - HELP!!

rhugo
Level 3
Level 3

Can someone please explain this to me in PLAIN ENGLISH, with an example, perhaps?? I am thoroughly CONFUSED???

here is an excerpt from the Cisco docs:

If the COR applied on an incoming dial-peer (for incoming calls) is a super set or equal to the COR applied to the outgoing dial-peer (for outgoing calls), the call goes through. Incoming and outgoing are terms used with respect to the "voice ports".

I kind of get the piece about incoming / outgoing from the perspective of the voice ports on the router (???) but I am confused about the "subset" language part of how the COR config actually works to block or allow calls??

Someone please help clarify this??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Consider the following CME example:

dial-peer cor custom

name 911

name local

name ld

name int

dial-peer cor list 911

member 911

dial-peer cor list local

member local

dial-peer cor list ld

member ld

dial-peer cor list int

member int

dial-peer cor list 911-local

member 911

member local

dial-peer cor list All

member 911

member local

member ld

member int

dial-peer voice 911 pots

corlist tougoing 911

dial-peer voice 7 pots

corlist tougoing local

dial-peer voice 11 pots

corlist tougoing ld

dial-peer voice 20 pots

corlist tougoing int

epone-dn 1

number 1000

cor incoming 911-local

epone-dn 1

number 1001

cor incoming All

ephone 1

button 1:1

ephone 2

button 1:2

In the above example we have 2 phones with DN 1000 and 1001, phone 1 has incoming cor of 911-local which is a superset of 911 and local, basically giving it an access to 911 calling via dial-peer 911 and 7 digit local calling via dial peer 7.

Phone 2 has access to all dial-peers as it's incoming cor is a superset of all cors applied to the outbound dial-peers.

If you understand CCM CSS/Partions concept it's kind of the same the corlist member is partition and corlist is a calling search space, by appling outgoing corlist to dial-peer you specify which partion it belongs to, and by applying incoming cor to ephone-dn you specify it's calling-search space.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Consider the following CME example:

dial-peer cor custom

name 911

name local

name ld

name int

dial-peer cor list 911

member 911

dial-peer cor list local

member local

dial-peer cor list ld

member ld

dial-peer cor list int

member int

dial-peer cor list 911-local

member 911

member local

dial-peer cor list All

member 911

member local

member ld

member int

dial-peer voice 911 pots

corlist tougoing 911

dial-peer voice 7 pots

corlist tougoing local

dial-peer voice 11 pots

corlist tougoing ld

dial-peer voice 20 pots

corlist tougoing int

epone-dn 1

number 1000

cor incoming 911-local

epone-dn 1

number 1001

cor incoming All

ephone 1

button 1:1

ephone 2

button 1:2

In the above example we have 2 phones with DN 1000 and 1001, phone 1 has incoming cor of 911-local which is a superset of 911 and local, basically giving it an access to 911 calling via dial-peer 911 and 7 digit local calling via dial peer 7.

Phone 2 has access to all dial-peers as it's incoming cor is a superset of all cors applied to the outbound dial-peers.

If you understand CCM CSS/Partions concept it's kind of the same the corlist member is partition and corlist is a calling search space, by appling outgoing corlist to dial-peer you specify which partion it belongs to, and by applying incoming cor to ephone-dn you specify it's calling-search space.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris!

One other question......

I totally understand that the ephone-dn cor incoming is actually an outbound call from the IP phone / user. During studying for my CCIE lab though, there is a practice lab that asks "block all calls from the PSTN to 1000...." I hope I am not breaking the NDA by asking this, but I can't figure out what I am assuming is the CONVERSE of this ephone-dn cor list you referenced....

Is it like:

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern 1000

cor list outgoing......(something like 911 which ONLY allows 911 calls to DN 1000?)

Am I on the right track here or even close???

in this case when you want to block all calls from pstn to 1000, you need to apply in reverse direction.

dial-peer cor list blockpstn

member blockpstn

dial-peer cor list phonex

member phonex

dial-peer voice 1 pots

incoming called-number .

port 1/0:23

corlist incoming blockpstn

ephone-dn 1

number 1000

corlist outgoing phonex

ephone-dn 2

number 1001

no corlist applied here

Calls from PSTN will be blocked as the cor applied on dial-peer (incoming call leg) is not a subset of outgoing call leg (corlists defined under ephone-dns)

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Depending on complexity and requirements. You could just use an after hours block pattern as a really simple alternative. Just make it active 24 x 7.

Thats what I have done for International and Premium calls while our small branches are in SRST mode.

Cheers,

Tim.