Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Corporate Directory at remote locations

We are running CM 3.0(11),

The phones at the central location have option 4 on the directory menu (Corporate Directory).

However, the remote locations don't have this option. If we change a central phone to pretend its in a remote location, option 4 is removed.

Any ideas, thanks, Mark.

5 REPLIES

Re: Corporate Directory at remote locations

I would first check to see if the remote location

has an IP name Server to identify the DNS of your Call Manager.

You can try pinging the call manager with the Name not the IP to see if you get a response.

Another thing to try is to change the Directory address in the Call Manager from the Server Name to

the Server IP address.

Hope this helps.

Cisco Employee

Mark,

If you are looking at a phone where option 4 is not showing up, can you go to the Network Configuration and scroll down to the Directories URL option and tell us what is showing up there?

Actually this got a bit weird today.

The problem was still present, but now intermittent.

One moment the Corporate Directory would be there, the next not. When I would press the Directories or Services button,I got "host not found".

I have these URLs set to the IP address, so its not a DNS issue.

I think its the phone image (P003E302). I set half the phones up with P003D302, only the E302 get the problem.

I found a problem with the E load also. In fact I went back to the A load. While the D load gives you the directory it doesn't allow you to do a undefined search. That is, if you do not enter any search info and hit the search key an error is returned, while with the A load it will bring up 32 directory records.

Rob

Cisco Employee

This sounds like Code Red or Code Blue. The phones are probably getting attacked on port 80, and even though they don't respond, it still hampers their ability to make outbound directories and services connections.

Unfortunately, the SRST load that has the fix is not yet out in the Software Center but I expect it to be soon.

The only other recourse is to use CallManager 3.1, since it has:

1) inherent SRST support in the phone loads

2) a Code Red fix for port 80 is available

Otherwise you will have to wait a little bit for the new P003x302 load to be posted.

Views
Helpful
Replies