Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Corporate Directory Call Manager

I have a problem on a CCM 3 with the IP 7940/60 phones. Sometimes the IP Phones will display the corporate directory and sometimes they will not. The problem seems to be random. I have the Call Managers entered in DNS and all that seems to be working correctly. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

Jim

9 REPLIES

Re: Corporate Directory Call Manager

I have exactly the same problem (also with services). There is an earlier subjest I raised with the same issue. I have also rasied a TAC case, but haven't had any success yet with finding a resolution.

When this problem occurs on our system, we get "host not found" on the bottom of the display. I know its not DNS as we use the IP addresses in our system.

Cisco Employee

What load files are you running on the 7940/60? What do you do to get it working again?

Thank you,

Cisco Employee

If you power cycle (not soft reset) the phone does it start working again every time? If that is the case it sounds like a Code Red / Nimda related problem and you need to make sure that the phones are running a firmware load version that has this fix. What version of CallManager are you using, and what phone load is being used?

In my case its phone loads P003D302 or P003E302.

Call Manager 3.0(11). They always work after a reset.

Do you mean the CM has the bug? Or the phone image? Would the security update 2 resolve this and clear the bug?

I had this exact problem and sure enough I found the Code Red virus on the Call Manager. The update did resolve the problem.

Cisco Employee

It could be the phone or it could be the CM. You definitely need to patch the CM anyway. Check out:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/nimda_ccm_fix.shtml

For the phone firmware, we are waiting for testing to be completed on a new P003x302 load file - I think it will be F - that will have this fix.

We been round all systems and cleaned the Code Red/Nimda (we hope!). But some 7960s still seem to be losing the Corporate Directory. The only way to restore it is to reset the phone.

As far as you know, if the phone does get attacked by the Code Red, would you expect the Corporate Directory to be lost until the next reset, or would it recover once the attack has stopped. thanks.

Cisco Employee

As far as I know, even after the attack stops, it would not recover until a reset.

One thing you could do to try and identify if this is the problem is to attach a sniffer to the back of one of the phones where this is happening, and power cycle it.

As soon as the problem starts happening, stop the capture, then run it through a display filter to see if there are any packets with a destination TCP port of 80 and a destination IP address of the phone.

Our problems with this stopped when we installed the IP Phone Firmware patch ciscocm_3-1-1_spA.exe at

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cmva-3des. Note you have to reset all the phones, which you can do by Call Manager group (System/CallManager group/reset devices)

Candace

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content