cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Corporate Directory miscall

jalston45
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have a situation when someone calls into the main number and spells a certain user's name, CCM correctly identifies the caller and ext. however the call is sent to another user. As far as I can tell its only happening with this one user. I've looked for any call forward but there is none. Anyone have a clue? Thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Are you using CCM and Extended Services for AA function or Unity, or something else?

If the AA is on CCM, then under global directory and for each user there will be an Auto Attendant section under the user settings (left hand column). When you click on Auto Attendant another page will come up with a "Name Dialing" field. This is the field that the AA uses for dial by name. Maybe there is a old user or another user with the name you are dialing and you need to update these if you are using this for AA.

If it is Unity, check the subscriber names and see if there are two with similar/close names, etc.

jalston45
Level 1
Level 1

We're running Unity 4.1. The names aren't even close, For example Jdoee and Thancock are the two users who are involved. If I lookup Thancock in the directory, I succussfully find them and I'm given their correct extension, however when I hit # to be connected, I'm transferred to Jdoee's extension. It works fine the other way around, and with everyone else in the company that I've checked so far. Again I can't find any kind of call forwarder on Thancock's profile.

Check the call transfer settings on the unity subscriber.Maybe it set to transfer to another extension then expected.

BINGO!! I was overlooking this setting, Thank you very much.

jalston45
Level 1
Level 1

Also if I use the Corporate Directory from within the office to find Thancock, that works fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: