cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Corporate Directory "System Unavailable"

bbickerstaff
Level 1
Level 1

CCM 3.1<br>Unity 3.0(1)<br>TSP 3.0.0.2<br><br>If I access the corporate directory by pressing 4, I am prompted with "Spell the name, Last Name first." If I select the "2" key Unity prompts that it has 3 matching names, chose the name by number. Immediately after that it says "Sorry the system is temporarily unavailable, please try your call later, Goodbye."<br><br>This only happens if I select "2". I can select any other random number like "4", Unity will prompt that it has matching names, reads them off and lets you do caller input to transfer to that subscriber. That works, It's only when you select "2" first.<br><br><br>

11 Replies 11

Not applicable

So presumably someone that has a name that starts with A, B or C is causing us grief. Can you fish in your application event log and get the error(s) that are added when the failsafe conversation kicks in? This may help point us at what the problem is or, at the least, which account is causing us problems.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Correct. When you press A, B, or C.

There are two errors that are generated in the Application log. The first is.....

GetMailUserVoiceName returned [0x80004005] on line 316 of file h:\CommSvr\Sources\ConversationEng\AvStateSvr\AvSGetVoiceName.cpp

Running conversation AD on Port 1

Running conversation AddrSearchConv on Port 1

Running conversation ListNamesConv on Port 1

And the Second is......

IAvDohMailUser::Get returned [0x80004005] on line 638 of file h:\CommSvr\Sources\ConversationEng\AvStateSvr\AvSGetVoiceName.cpp

Running conversation AD on Port 1

Running conversation AddrSearchConv on Port 1

Running conversation ListNamesConv on Port 1

Just some more info. I have two servers utilizing a dialing domain. On the first server, everything is working just fine. On the second I am getting this error.

Thanks.

The first server is where these users were created? My best guess is the voice name information isn't replicated in the directory between the two servers yet or that replication is having problems for some reason. The voice name info is stuffed into the directory on the mail user (either for the 5.5 direcory or AD in the case of Ex2K) and if the conversation goes to snag it and there's a problem, it might be triggering this error. It SHOULD kick over to just voicing the extension of the user instead of using their voice name so there must be some indication that this voice name field is there but not usable.

Any chance you recorded the voice names on a box using G729a and that codec isn't installed on the 2nd box? Just a stab in the dark...

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

The issue is resolved. What fixed the problem is the Example Administrator account did not have a reference to a DN. I thought Example Admin got the default of 99999. For what ever reason my second Unity servers Example Admin account DN was blank. I put in 99999 and Wa-La it's working again.

by "DN" do you mean extension number? No subscriber should ever be created without an extension number... that's bad. Sounds like a setup bug of somesort that should be reported to TAC.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

He had a case open with my team. I will make sure a bug gets filed.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

In regards to Jeff's concerns about all subscriber accounts having an associated extension number.

All of my accounts on both Unity servers have and extension associated to a subscriber account...except....the UNITY INSTALLER account. Does this account also need to have an extension associated to it????

The Unity Installer is special... they have no DTMF_ID. It's not a "normal" subscriber (type 1) it's a special installer account (type 6) that's used for a number of different things in the system. Internet subscribers are type 2 by the way.

Any "normal" subscriber (type 1) must have an extension number.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

This looks very similar to a defect we saw during testing - see CSCdu26009.

For Example Administrator, try turning off List in Directory. For some reason his voice name has problems, so when his name is read you get failsafe. If you take him out of the directory it won't be an issue.

Please report back on whether this was the problem so we can make sure this issue gets addressed. Thanks.

Exactly the case....

On one server I had Example Admin set to "List in Directory". Wouldn't ya know it I got the fail safe error. On the second server Example admin was set to not list in the directory and It worked just fine.

thanks, for the extra tip.

I also am receiving this error that just started within the last 30 min it is as follows:

Unable to read local eventlog (reason: The data area passed to a system call is too small).

It also generates about 7 error behind it referring to AvMiu_MC.

Is this error a concern??