Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

corporate directory search / ringing types

i have a one site publisher-subscriber set-up with call processing being done by subscriber.

when users go to the corporate directory on their 7960 and hits search, they get nothing instead of the entire directory. if they enter search criteria then they get directory information. this had been working.

i've recently upgraded to 3.11 & added the subscriber aren't sure when this stopped working.

should the user be able to get the entire directory ?

on another note, i've noticed that when you try to play the ringer types on a 7960 phone, it takes 10 seconds before you hear the ring. the display shows "loading phone file". anyone know what could be causing this delay ?

thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: corporate directory search / ringing types

Some things to check.

1) Check the URL in the CCM enterprise parameters. Make sure it reflects the publisher's IP address instead of the server name e.g. change http://N2NCCM1/directory/directory to http://172.16.10.1/directory/directory

2) I have never come across slow retreival of ringer types but if I did, I would check the speed/duplex setting on your switch and verify they match your IP phone (settings-->status-->network statistics) You may have a mismatch which is disrupting normal operation.

I had the same exact problem with the coporate directory not coming up without enter search criteria. There is a bug in the newest 7960 image. Switch back to P003A310. I worked with the TAC for about 2 weeks before they figured it out.

I ran into the same problems when creating custom rings for my phones. You have to make sure you resample any sounds that you want to use as rings according to Cisco's standards. Which I think is 8 KHz ulaw PCM. The quality will degrade a bit, but thats to be expected. Also, keep your rings less than a second. I had problems when my rings became too long. I would receive the error you got about "loading the ring".

you are right. changed the 7960 image back and it now works. thanks for saving me the troubleshooting time.

Views
Helpful
Replies